• As of May 1, 2015 the outstanding balances on active accounts are as follows: 90 days $39.55, 60 days $292.64, 30 days $1,859.75
• Late fees will be applied and shut off notices will go out May 18, 2015. Shut offs will be on May 30,2015
• Utilities clerk added 7 new water/sewer accounts to our billing system.
• 3 Mechanical permits were issued.
• April 9th, 2015 – April 15th, 2015 – The total number of Calls for Service and Officer initiated activity was 50.
• April 16th, 2015 – April 29th, 2015 –The total number of Calls for Service and Officer initiated activity was 87.
• All VPD staff attended “Crisis Intervention training.” This training was free and a majority of Columbia County Law Enforcement agencies attended. The training provided some additional tools/ways to successfully deal with people in crisis or mentally ill.
• VPD has focused on identifying nuisance violations. Several residence took advantage of the “Vernonia Clean Up” weekend and corrected some of the violations. VPD is still working with several residences to correct other problems.
• The first budget meeting was held. The Budget Committee received the proposed budget and heard the Budget Message from the City Administrator. Brett Costley was elected to chair the committee with Susan Wagner as Vice Chair. For a copy of the proposed budget contact Angie at email@example.com or stop by City Hall.
• The advertisement for bids for the WWTP project has finally been published and contractors are already responding to the ad. We are scheduled to open bids by the end of May. Read More